Saturday, November 18, 2017

Doggy Desserts - Cookbook Review



I love my two dogs. They have sensitive stomachs so I treat them to the best foods I can. Now I can make them special treats with the recipes inside Doggy Desserts.

Doggy Desserts contains 125 Homemade treat recipes. Inside there are many doggy cookies recipes including bars, rolled, and drop cookies made with wholesome ingredients. Even cakes can be made doggylicious! I love the section of the muffins. For hot summer weather there is a section of frozen treats. Dogs will be licking their chops!


Browsing the cookie recipes first, these are amazing! They sound good enough for humans to eat. I have many of them bookmarked to make. The first would be the Chicken Biscuits - made with chicken leg meat, water, oil, egg and whole wheat flour. That sounds simple enough. For Thanksgiving, how about making Sweet Potato Biscuits? Great ideas for all types of holidays and everyday treats. The Peanut Butter Apple Cookies had me drooling. I can't wait to make these to see the faces of my happy dogs! I bought the ingredients and will be baking soon!

My favorite is the bars section. Super simple way to make them. Just use a pan then cut them into sliced bars.

Most of the recipes use whole grain flours. If you have a dog needing a grain free treat, maybe switching to a different type of flour would help. I have a grain free diet dog and plan to try coconut or almond flour . I might have to play with the flour ratio a bit, but the recipes seem adaptable.
There are many delicious sounding recipes included in Doggy Desserts. The full color photographs of the treats and the happy dogs makes this a very enjoyable book!

Treat your furry friends to some homemade goodies! Pick up a copy of Doggy Desserts at your favorite bookseller.


0 comments: